Chuyển đến nội dung chính

25 Inspiring Second Grade Writing Prompts (Free Printable!)

25 Inspirational Writing Prompts for Second Grade (Free Printable!)

Four printed second grade writing prompt note cards.

Second grade is a sweet spot in the elementary school continuum. The students have figured out how to “do school”. You have learned a variety of basic skills and are able to work independently. Second-grade writers usually understand the basics of creating words, sentences, and paragraphs. They're now learning to put it together as they add creative detail and juicy vocabulary to their work. Here are 25 second grade writing prompts that will inspire your students to practice the skills they've learned so far.

(Want this entire set in one easy document? Get your free PowerPoint pack by submitting your email here so the challenges are always available!)

1. My favorite book character is _____ because _____.

2. If I were a wild animal, I would be a _____ because_____.

3. Tell about three things you do well.

4. The hardest thing I've ever done was _____.

5. Tell your favorite baby story.

6. I want to know more about _____.

7. If my friend is sad, I can help by _____.

8. When I grow up I hope to be _____.

9. If you could find a magic wand, what would you do with it?

10. Describe a room in your house in ten different words.

11. How would you help a new student in your class?

12. How do you play your favorite game?

13. A long, long time ago... _____.

14. Would you rather fly like a seagull or swim like a dolphin? Why?

15. What is your favorite thing about wheels?

16. How do you make your favorite sandwich?

17. The best thing about my teacher is _____ because _____.

18. The type of weather I like best is _____ . Name three things you enjoy doing in this weather.

19. Should a second grader have a pet? Why or why not?

20. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie? Why?

21. What is your favorite holiday? Why is it your favorite?

22. From your home, give directions to a place you are visiting.

23. What would you say to a first grader about second grade?

24. When I'm bored, I like to _____.

25. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to _____ because _____.

Get writing prompts for my second grade

Love these second grade writing prompts? Be sure to check out our second grader jokes to start the day!

25 Inspirational Writing Prompts for Second Grade (Free Printable!)

By: 25 Inspiring Second Grade Writing Prompts (Free Printable!)

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Spectacular Home Featured on Crazy Rich Asians with Amazing Forest Views!

The Story Behind the #TeachersAreHuman Movement

Contemporary Apartment in Ukraine With Stylish Furniture & Purple Hues by Eno Getiashvili