Teachers Share the Kindest Thing a Coworker Has Ever Done for Them
Teachers share the kindest thing a colleague has ever done for them
We know that teachers are generous - giving their time, kindness, attention, support and even money to support their students. Therefore, it is not surprising that the teachers also do kind things for each other. We asked teachers on social media to share the kindest thing a colleague has ever done for them. Here are twenty of our favorite answers!
A personal reminder
My teacher friend asks me to write her the things I need to remember so she can remind me in time. - Claudia G
Mentors are amazing

My former mentor still asks me almost every day if there is anything she can do for me. This is her 29th year as an apprentice, she has her own classes to deal with and is going through a lot personally. She is really amazing! – Tara H.
Small awards are always welcome
I had a difficult issue today (involving a remote student who seems to be shutting down) and my friend told me I did a great job. Sounds small but it made me feel better trying to help this kid. –Rebecca
Go the extra mile
A colleague has been making seasonal positive affirmation snippets for a few months. It's a shining reminder that he loves, appreciates and respects the members of his department. - Larissa F.
Help with PD!
My K-2 team supports me by participating in my action research project for my master's program without a complaint about entering a little extra data - Coreen O.
cooperation
Every Friday, my junior high teaching team takes turns bringing sodas for everyone on our team. -Jamie M
Candy makes the best treats
A colleague secretly put my favorite candy bar in my mailbox. A minor thing, but it was so nice to be thought of at the end of a hard day! – Barbara K.
holiday help
A teacher friend brought a stack of masks for St. Patrick's Day and paced the hallway handing them out. -M
Recovery help is the best
Sent me a get well card and gift certificate after my hip surgery. -P
Thoughtful in times of sorrow
Sent me flowers, gave me cards, taught my kids, and kept checking on me when my mom died. – Nikki L.
Lamination FTW!
When I asked the SLP for suggestions on how to help a student make the /th/ sound, she printed out her consonant mix cards AND laminated them for me. – Crystal L
It takes a village
A teacher at my school taught my first period on her day off (she's part-time) so I could take my child to his first day of preschool. – Katie B
birthday parties

My colleagues remembered my birthday and showered me with lovely cards and gifts! -Emily-Paige M.
When nature calls
I was supposed to take my little SPED class to her 3rd grade classroom so she could watch for me when I needed to go to the bathroom urgently. Love her and I have done the same for her. - Kim L
Covid help is the best
Delivery of groceries and takeaway for me and my husband while we were quarantined. She is the best! – Marisa T.
Sweet surprises
Two teachers and I have an unspoken agreement to take turns baking treats (muffins, cookies, scones, etc.) and leaving them in each other's boxes. – Meghan B
It's a family matter
Helped my son when he was being bullied. - Franz T
And stapled!!
I made all my copies for the week I was sick and stapled them! -Collins C.
We all need that friend
Contacted me when they heard about a sudden chance of getting the Covid vaccine. – Erika C.
We love it when admins are nice too
My principal offered to buy us a duty lunch for next Friday. - Shannon E
What was the nicest thing a colleague did for you? Share in the comments below!
Want more articles like this? Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. Also, how principals can support teachers.
