Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Teachers Share What They’ll Miss About Remote Teaching

Teachers share what they'll miss about distance learning

Close up of pug

There is no doubt that this year of distance learning has been challenging for many of us in many ways. Let's not forget blank screens and no high-fives. But for some, dare we say, there were benefits — all-day sweatpants, uninterrupted 45-minute lunches, and the beloved mute button.

But we wanted to hear from you. So we went to our WeAreTeachers Facebook page and asked you what you will miss most about distance learning.

Smaller class sizes

I had a class of 37 the year before the pandemic and it was so hard. I'm not looking forward to that again! -ONE. mayberry

When I came back to Hybrid for three full days ago, it was a dream job. Twelve to 15 children per class, 3.5 hours per group. With an hour between cohorts. -J. city

The ease of meeting with individual students or small groups without the distraction of the rest of the class demanding my attention. -ONE. Arnett

Newly discovered uses for tech

The remote chat feature gave some of the more shy kids a chance to get involved without as much fear. I gotta find a way to keep this going. I think Pear Deck will work. —K Sue

The chat box on Zoom - students had the opportunity to participate and ask questions directly to me without other students reading them... My poetry unit was amazing for exactly that reason - so much participation and sharing of their creative writing because they felt safe to share – I would Read their work to the class and start with: Here is another student response to the prompt. -J. mora

Just don't do any work but play with filters, backgrounds and all the extras we could add to our zoom. It was fun learning how to do it all WITH the kids. I could do anything when we started. -C. Taylor

More time with our four-legged colleagues

My house and the best employee ever: my dog! —K Kathleen

No commuting and my two assistants - Oscar and Lucy. Even the children will miss her. —K Campbell

I love how my TK kids want me to know their pets, show me their new toys, introduce myself to all family members, take me on little tours, and generally think of me as a houseguest singing with them. It's been a fun year. -C. Luise

Wear pajama bottoms every day! Watching the kids freak out because my 160 lb Great Dane comes into view during class. Hearing my students laugh when my cat jumps on my laptop during class. Otherwise not too much! —V. shred

I show my cats to my students and see their pets. -M Peter

Time to pee, no commute, unlimited mute button

I loved my schedule. Had to use the bathroom when I had to. I was allowed to see my students' home environment and pets. -N. Clear

Less drama in the classroom and a mute button. Also, more time in the day to work alone in a room when going to special events and during recess. -T extra

The mute button. Can we get a real one? -M Anne

I can't just pick one thing. The commute to my dinner table, wearing yoga pants every day, and the more flexible schedule that has helped my work-life balance. —K bodies of water

Turn off my camera and mute myself when I just need a 30 second break. -S. Alice

No commuting. It takes me at least an hour to get to work on the crowded subway, while in the Brazilian summer I have to spend a good part of my salary on public transport and walk 10-15 minutes. When I arrive at school I'm so sweaty it looks like I'm running a marathon. -N. Katsivalis

Go potty whenever I want! -J. Surname

Cooking dinner during staff meetings! -C. west

Make new connections with students and families

I missed spending extra time with my fur babies. I missed that the kids could really share their family and things that interest them. —W. Timmons

The relationships I would normally never see! The supportive (great) grandparents, older siblings, the pets! Also a great attitude towards education and respect for the teacher: I've only had families who specifically chose distance learning and that made the ALL DIFFERENCE! -S. Gariepy

The only thing in the truest sense of the word: getting to know children on a different level. I will always have a strong bond with my cohort from this year because we all got a glimpse into each other's lives that we wouldn't normally get. Loved seeing all of their pets, cozy rooms and alumni of mine who made guest appearances on screen. -ONE. duiker

The deeper connection I made with the parents - they would hear my jokes in the background and laugh with them when their child was acting wild - it was a very different relationship than in years past and I really loved it. —E. Marie

Having time to get to know my students better. SEL was a priority this year. I hope it goes on. -D Large

music teacher here. Get to know their pets. The comments left on listening tasks. "I love this piece so much." "I want to learn to play the cello." I wouldn't have heard all the opinions in class. Seeing the really awesome and occasionally funny videos they sent me counting and solfege videos. Teaching hybrid has had a lot of downsides, but there are things I will really miss. -S. story

What will you miss about distance learning? Share in the comments below.

Plus, 11 pandemic changes teachers say are here to stay.

Sign up for our newsletter for more information on distance learning.

Teachers share what they'll miss about distance learning

By: Teachers Share What They’ll Miss About Remote Teaching

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Spectacular Home Featured on Crazy Rich Asians with Amazing Forest Views!

The Story Behind the #TeachersAreHuman Movement

Contemporary Apartment in Ukraine With Stylish Furniture & Purple Hues by Eno Getiashvili