A DIY Marble Art Project

Source: A DIY Marble Art Project
Happy Friday, Decoist readers! Did you see my outdoor geo wall art post earlier this week? If you’re looking for another DIY wall art project to enjoy over the weekend, today’s quick and easy endeavor might be for you. Get ready to create some marble art of yourself! With a container of water, a swipe of nail polish and your choice of canvas, you can create a beautiful work of art that celebrates the current marble revival. Read on for all the details…

Do you love marble like me? I collect marble tiles and arrange them in vignettes around my house. Below we see a close-up of one of my favorite pieces – a green tile with interesting color variations and veining.
It’s exactly this kind of complexity and visual texture that inspired today’s project!
Started
Wondering what you need to get started? Here is a list of consumables:
- Nail polish in the colors of your choice
- Skewers or other sticks for swirling the polish
- a display surface such as paper or a canvas
- a disposable container
- water
Rather than buying new expensive polishes for this project, don’t hesitate to use paints you already own. If you like them enough to wear them on your feet, chances are you’ll have them displayed on your wall. Hoping to track down a specific color? You will be surprised what eye-catching polishes you will find in the discount bin.
I’ve gone for a green, cream, and peach mauve color scheme:
Marble art project steps
A few words about this project: It is very fast. It’s quick and easy folks. One more thing – it stinks a lot. Be sure to work in a well-ventilated area! You may also want to protect your hands with gloves.
Step 1: Fill a disposable container with water. I didn’t have a disposable container on hand, so I grabbed a plastic bucket for a few bucks. Paint tray foil will also work well here. Please note that you do not have to fill the entire container with water. I used a small amount as I didn’t want a lot of smelly water going away once I finished the project.
Step 2: Pour your polish into the container. Do it! The polish will begin to set quickly, so remove the caps from each bottle and pour in one at a time.
Step 3: Use a wand to swirl around the polish. This is how the marbled effect is created!
Step 4: Place your canvas or paper face down in the container, then lift and lay flat to dry. I used small canvases for this project, but a variety of surfaces will work. I considered buying the tops of small storage boxes to use as canvases, but ended up opting for my stash of mini canvases instead. Small areas work well for this project. Speed is also required for this step, as the polish dries quickly.
Helpful hints and display tips
If you create more than one artwork, Make sure the water is clear between dips. I simply used the skewer to lift out the solidified layers of paint and then pour in new paints. Again, my goal was to dispose of a small amount of dirty water.
While I created a color scheme that would go well with my 80’s themed master bathroom (I love sassy 80’s design), marble art is truly stunning when it comes to ultra-bright colors. Don’t be afraid to be bold!
It also helps have more canvases on hand than you want to display. When it comes to marble art, in my experience at least one selection will be a little smaller than you were hoping for. That’s the nature of quick drying DIY projects. Yes, I threw away one of my finished canvases! But with an extra canvas, I was able to choose my favorite artworks for the final exhibition. Below we see my very best choices:
When it comes to displaying this art, the sky is the limit! Hang it on the wall, place it on a bookshelf or lean it against a large marble tileAs shown below.
Thanks for joining me on my latest DIY adventure. Have fun crafting!…
from toplistreviewstoday.com https://ift.tt/J1I3iGN
via Toplistreviewstoday.com
Nhận xét
Đăng nhận xét